Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Unnoticed Things

A tree.  A simple but complex structure with limbs filled with leaves.  Most of the time they go unnoticed.  Until they disappear from a storm, construction, or just from someone cutting it down.  Then everyone notices because that one tree is what made everything seem in its place.  When the tree is gone, things look awkward and like a different place.

Oh but a tree probably has the most stories to tell of all.  Always standing, seeing everything that goes past.  Feels the cool breeze and sun shine in the day, but also the harsh winds and heavy rain during a storm.  Loses a part of itself in the fall, and then is reborn again in the spring, all but to repeat the cycle once again. Until its gone.

There are so many things in this world that we don't notice, the most simplest things in life.  When we are children, we see everything.  I recently thought to myself that there were not as many bugs as there were when I was a child.  However, then I realized its because I'm not looking.  Once I payed attention, there they were again.

In our fast paced world, we just simply do not see things right in front of us, but in reality, these things could the be things that don't judge who we are or what we will become, or what we have already become.

Life, it's the greatest gift of anything, and yet we take it for granted.  So next time your outside, close your eyes and take in a deep breath.  Feel your surroundings and then open your eyes.  Look for the small things like a caterpillar or just watch the way the grass blows back and fourth from the wind.

If you live in the city, this may be a more difficult task for you to do, but don't you worry.  There are still so many things around you as well.  Just take a walk through the park, or even down the street. You might be surprised to what you might find.

~Danni~





*This was written in Feb. 2012.  I found it in my drafts. Apparently I had set it to go live, but it never did. It still says it's scheduled for Feb. 25, 2012 lol However, I liked it, and wanted to share it. I did just add the picture to go with it though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment